Reunion 2023 highlights
A highlight of our alumni reunion this year is introducing The Rev. Dr. Jonathan Lee Walton, Princeton Theological Seminary’s 8th President. President Walton will offer a keynote address, Tradition and Innovation: The Enduring Contours of Theological Education at Princeton Seminary with time for Q & A as well as a reception and luncheon.
Daily worship in the Seminary Chapel is another high point of reunion. We’ll begin our reunion experience with opening worship led by Professor Dennis Olson on Monday. On Tuesday, we’ll continue our worship with a Service of Remembrance and Celebration honoring alumni who recently passed away. On Wednesday, we’ll close our reunion with worship and communion with alum, Larissa Kwong Abazia preaching.
In addition to reconnecting with classmates, you’ll have opportunities to hear from professors, congratulate our Alumni awardees, engage with current students, and learn about seminary initiatives. There will also be plenty of opportunities to break bread together and rest. The best part, of course, is that we get to be together. Whether on campus or online, we can’t wait to welcome you.
Additional Reunion highlights include:
- Meet and hear the testimonies of the 2023 Distinguished Alumna, Ruth Santana-Grace and the AAEC Service Award recipient, Sabrina Slater, on Monday afternoon at “This is My Story”.
- Hear the annual Rian Lecture, presented by Christy Lang Hearlson (PhD 16, MDiv 05), Assistant Professor of Religious and Theological Education at Villanova University.
- Visit and hear about the Farminary by joining a tour of the seminary’s 21-acre farm.
- Engage faculty at the “Faculty Spotlight” hour and the following seminars with Professors Dale Allison, Lisa Bowens, K. C. Choi, Jay-Paul Hinds, Amelia Kennedy, and Kimberly Wagner.
- Learn about the Afterlives of Slavery or the Future of American Democracy initiatives. And hear from the global partners of the Oversees Ministries Study Center at one of the “Seminary Highlight” seminars.